Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong – Run for Survival 2021 – 5km Timed Challenge (Individual)
Run for Survival 2021 Physical Run Protect Our Ocean for a Better Future
Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong (OPCFHK)’s annual charity run is back! On 25 April 2021, Run for Survival 2021 will be staged at Ocean Park Hong Kong. Runners will enjoy the exciting run as well as the magnificent seascape and mountain views by running past thrilling rides. OPCFHK is calling for all nature and wildlife lovers to become conservation heros and contribute to conservation.
With the theme of “Protect Our Ocean for a Better Future”, Run for Survival 2021 aims to promote biodiversity and marine conservation by raising awareness on the threats faced by sea animals. There are race categories to suit different age groups and levels of experience. Experienced runners can join the 5km individual Timed Challenge while beginners or families are encouraged to join the 3km Fun Run. In addition to the run itself, the Conservation Carnival will offer activities such as game booths and workshops for visitors to enjoy more fun and get tips on saving the earth for a better future.
All proceeds from the event will go to OPCFHK to support Asian wildlife conservation work. Entries are on a first-come, first-served basis. Register today and take part in this fun and meaningful event with family, friends and colleagues! Don’t miss your chance to claim the limited edition medal and many other exciting prizes!
|Event Date:||25th Apr 2021|
|Race Time：||7:20am(luggage check 6:30am)|
|Registration fee:||Early bird offer till 4th Apr 2021: $550|
5th Apr – 21st Apr: $650
|Event:||5km Timed Challenge(Male/Female):|
（Age Groups：16-34, 35-44, 45-70）
Participants must be aged between 16 – 70 on event day
|Venue:||Ocean Park Hong Kong (Organiser will exempt all registered participants from making online reservations prior to their visit)|
|Registration time:||Registration ends on 21st Apr 2021(11:59pm GMT +08)|
*Early bird offer ends on 4th Apr 2021(11:59pm GMT +08)
|Runner pack collection:||Register on or before 13/4/2021:pick up runner pack at Decathlon Tseung Kwan O store on 17/4/2021 – 18/4/2021 from 12pm till 6pm|
Register on or after 14/4/2021: Notification email will be issued regarding runner pack collection date and location
|Finisher medal collection:||After the run ends and collected in Ocean Park Hong Kong|
*Above route maps are for reference only. OPCFHK reserves the right to change any part(s) of the route without prior notice.
Souvenirs & Prizes
Each participant will be given the following souvenirs:
- Admission to Ocean Park Hong Kong on the event day of Run for Survival 2021 (Only applicable to the participants)
- Event T-shirt
- Number bib
- Stylish canvas bag
- Use promo code ”OPCFHK-20” at BWET Swimwear website to enjoy 20% off any product and free delivery
- Enjoy the below privileges at any CANVAS stores by presenting the redemption card:
- Receive a complimentary Rose Otto Facial Hydro Gel Mask 10ml (value HK$110)
- One off HK$100 discount upon purchase any regular-priced products
- Use promo code ”OPCFHK-30” at Hoya Kerry website to enjoy 30% off any garments and Hoya Kerry will donate 30% off net price to OPCFHK
- OXDASIA Travel Set , including Intense Heat Cream, Intense Cooling Gel & Recovery Gel(value HK$68)
- First 150 participants of each race category will receive:
- Hoya Kerry headtie (value HK$18)
- Ingrid Millet offers to new customer ”Bio-Elita Hyalurone B5 Moisturizing Treatment” redemption coupon (value HK$800)
Event T-shirt Size Chart
|S||88 – 91cm|
|M||92 – 95cm|
|L||100 – 103cm|
|XL||108 – 113cm|
|2XL||119 – 123cm|
|S||88 – 91cm|
|M||92 – 95cm|
|L||100 – 103cm|
|XL||108 – 113cm|
|S||29cm / 50cm|
|M||33cm / 56cm|
|S||29cm / 50cm|
|M||33cm / 56cm|
|L||38cm / 64cm|
Upon finishing the races, the participants will receive:
- Run for Survival 2021 finisher medal
- All the sponsored souvenirs are handled by the sponsors, OPCFHK has no responsibility on the souvenirs
*Participants who do not complete the races will not be awarded the finisher medal and e-certificate.
Wonderful prizes will be awarded to winners of each gender and age group of 5km Timed Challenge. The top 3 runners of each category will be awarded with the following prizes.
|1st runner-up||Winner medal|
|2nd runner-up||Winner medal|
About Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong
Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong (OPCFHK) is committed to advocating, facilitating and participating in effective conservation of Asian wildlife, with an emphasis on Chinese white dolphins and giant pandas as well as their habitats through partnerships, fundraising, research and education. It envisions a world where Asian wildlife remains biologically diverse under the stewardship of humans, corporations and governments.
Since its expansion in 2005, OPCFHK has allocated over $98 million to fund 536 research projects on cetaceans, giant pandas and many other species. The two themes for 2020/21 include marine conservation and combating illegal trade of threatened species.
Event Terms and Conditions
- Participants must read the event rules and regulations carefully. Upon submitting an entry, participant is deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions of the event, the official rules as stipulated and to those that may be later introduced by Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong(OPCFHK).
- All the information provided by a participant in the registration form must be true and accurate.
- Participation in the Event is voluntary and at the own risk of participants. Each participant agrees to absolve the Organizer, Event Producer and any sponsors and/or supporting organizations from all liabilities arising from bodily injuries, accidents, death or other losses during or caused by travelling to and from the event venue, during the event or whatsoever reason.
- All participants / groups must settle the payment upon registration.
- Once registration is made, participants will not be allowed to change the registration details. The registration is also non-refundable and non-transferable.
- OPCFHK reserves the right to cancel the registration of any participants without refund if they have provided false information, failed to make the required payment, submitted more than one application or failed to meet the registration requirements. OPCFHK reserves the right to contact participants by phone or other means for any additional information required for their registration.
- OPCFHK reserves the right to close the registration any time without prior notification.
2.Age Limits (as of 25 April, 2021)
- Participants of ‘5km Timed Challenge Individual’ must be aged 16 – 70.
- Participants of ‘3km Fun Run Individual’ must be aged 12 – 70.
- Participants of ‘3km Fun Run Family’ entry must include at least one participant aged 18 -70 and one participant aged 11 or below; the remaining participants in the team are aged 0-70.
- All participants below 18 must obtain consent from parent or guardian while participants aged 11 or below must be registered and accompanied by an adult aged 18 or above and with the consent from his / her parent or guardian.
- Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong (OPCFHK) reserves the right to verify the age of participants before, during and after the event.
3. Physical Conditions
- Participants are required to undergo body temperature checks upon entry. To those with body temperature readings of 38 degree celsius or above, assistance on calling for an ambulance will be offered. If the participants cannot join the race, there will be no refund.
- Participants must ensure that they are physically fit to participate in the event. Any person who is pregnant or suffering from any chronic disease such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not participate in the event.
- OPCFHK reserves the right to disallow /disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the event, with no refund.
- The event will take place before Ocean Park is open to its guests, only participants and staff can enter, they must wear masks at all time including waiting for and during the race except eating or drinking. Each participant will be given complimentary masks at the course and finish line on the event day if needed.
- At the start of the race, the participants will be separated in groups.
- Participants should be aware of the upward, downward slopes and staircases on the race routes.
- Race winners will be required to present their identification including HK identity card, passport or registration card for people with disabilities for verification.
- Participants must retire and leave the event venue immediately if requested by any race official, medical staff, race director or security staff.
- Participants shall indemnify and/or reimburse OPCFHK in respect of any additional expenses or costs incurred by OPCFHK arising from or in connection with the fault or action or behavior of such participants during the event.
5. Strict Anti-Pandemic Precautionary Measures
Ocean Park will continue to put in place a series of strict precautionary measures to safeguard the health and safety of our visitors, staff and animals. On top of that, to comply with the Hong Kong Government’s latest anti-pandemic guidelines, the following protection measures have been implemented:
- All staff members of the Park will take the COVID-19 test every 14 days.
- Park-wide visitor capacity and that of individual rides and facilities will both be reduced to not more than half. Alternative row blocking at all theatres will be enforced.
- All visitors are required to wear masks at the Park except when eating or drinking. Masks will be available for purchase at designated locations. All proceeds after costs will go to Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong.
- In addition to Park restaurants, designated dining areas will be set up throughout the park for visitors to use.
- Additional hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed for visitors’ use.
- Only the completion time of participants in the 5km Individual Timed Challenge will be counted for the prizes. The completion time of participants in the Fun Run will not be recorded.
7. Event T-Shirt and Souvenirs
- T- shirt size availability is provided on a first-come first-served basis and subject to stock condition. T-shirt size and color are for reference only.
- Only participants who have completed the race will be given the finisher medals and e-certificates.
8. Race Course
- During the event, participants may be required to leave the race course due to safety concern and route arrangement. Please follow the event crew’s instructions.
9. Use of the Event Photos and Videos
- OPCFHK will designate photographers to take photos and videos during the event; OPCFHK has the ownership and reserves the right to use the photos and videos of the participants taken during the event. They will be used for the promotion of OPCFHK, including, but not limited to, monthly e‐newsletter, website, social media, annual reports, etc.
10.Personal Information Collection
- Personal Information Collection of this event follows the guidelines as listed on Ocean Park Conservation Foundation, Hong Kong official website, please refer to the link below.
11. Special Circumstances
- OPCFHK reserves the right to change or alter any parts of the route before and during the event without prior notice in case of unexpected road conditions or emergency. The event may be temporarily suspended to give way to emergency vehicles. Participants must follow the instructions of event officials or any law enforcement officers on site at all times.
Event Postponement or Cancellation
- Should the event be postponed or cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of OPCFHK, all registration will not be refunded and OPCFHK shall have no further responsibility and / or liability thereafter.
- OPCFHK reserves the right to cancel or cut short the event for the situations such as adverse weather conditions, protests or blockage along the course and force majeure. A force majeure event shall include, but is not limited to, act of God, war, hostilities, invasion, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, riot, commotion, strikes, go-slows, lock outs or disorder, outbreak of disease, acts or threats of terrorism.
- Please refer to OPCFHK website, event website and Facebook page for any changes or cancellation of the event.
Adverse Weather Arrangement
- The registration is non-refundable and non-transferable in the event of cancellation or any amendment as a result of adverse weather conditions.
- If typhoon signal no. 3 or above, or Red or Black rainstorm warning signal is issued by the Hong Kong Observatory after midnight 00:00 on 25 April, 2021, the event will be cancelled.
- Other than the above scenarios, should weather conditions turn bad or the aforesaid signals are issued during the race, OPCFHK may modify or cancel the event.
- Whether the event has started or not, OPCFHK and the police in-charge reserve the right to make collective decision for event cancellation.
- If the event is cancelled after it has started, participants will be directed to leave the event venue under safe condition by marshals.
12. Right to Final Decision
- OPCFHK reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions and the right to the final decision.
- In case of violation, breach or non-observance of any terms and conditions of the event, OPCFHK reserves the right to disqualify any person and / or nullify his or her result. OPCFHK shall not be obliged to refund any registration fee under such circumstances.